Let’s start simply loving our skin with natural anti-aging ingredients.
This recipe is so incredibly quick and simple to make with only 2 ingredients, plus your essential oils of choice.
Why use a toner?
- Toning your skin helps remove excess oils and dead skin cells that may have been left behind after washing.
- Toning helps to balance your skin’s PH level.
- Toning also helps to close the pores and allow your moisturizer to soak into the skin more efficiently.
I NEVER used to use toners, but as my skin ages, I found out that I love using a toner to rid of the dry and tired looking skin. My skin always looks more fresh and evenly toned for the day. Taking care of our skin by cutting out harsh chemical ingredients and using natural plant-based ingredients can also help slow the anti-aging process.
Continue reading “Facial Toner Recipe: Simply Love Your Skin”
My family is always on the go!
Whether it is moving across the country or going for a drive that turns into sleeping in the back of the jeep for a prolonged adventure or just to wake up on the beach, it happens! And I cannot get enough of it!
There are things that I do , however, so that my face and body do not suffer these spontaneous overnights. One of these protocols is bringing my homemade facial cleansing pads with me on any potential adventure breakaway. They are super simple to make and save me the post-adventure breakout.
They can also be used at home, when you’re just too tired to wash your face.
Ingredients (makes 4oz jar):
- 1 Tbs Witch Hazel: This is a great facial cleanser, that helps tone the skin and has antibacterial properties.
- Distilled Water
- 5 Drops of Frankincense essential oil: MUST HAVE for fine lines and wrinkles.
- 5 Drops of Tea Tree essential oil: It’s antibacterial and has disinfectant properties. This makes it a great cleansing essential oil and must have if you are prone to acne.
- 5 Drops of Lavender essential oil: Calms and nourishes the skin.
- Cotton Rounds/Pads
- Container with a tight-fitting lid
Ditch and Switch:
There are so many healthy benefits from making the switch and using the natural ingredients used in this simple recipe. You are going to save loads of money this way. And you won’t be exposing yourself, family, or furry friends to the toxic chemicals that are in your pricey, conventional personal care products.
I’m so glad I’m able to share my wellness journey with you, one recipe or testimonial at a time. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions, and how I can continue to help!
How to get started?
If you want to know how I got started using essential oils to increase my overall wellness or how you can improve your own wellness journey, start here.
Sending love and wishing you Happy and Healthy Trails!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The products discussed are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Views expressed are from an Independent Distributor, not a medical professional, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Young Living Essential Oils. Views expressed only apply to Young Living Essential Oils (not other essential oil brands). Individual results may vary.