Ready to get your chocolate sweet treat in this Valentine’s Day with zero guilt?!
I am ALL about treating yourself after growing up with a “candy drawer” (literally a drawer in the kitchen that was full of nothing but candy) and “bedtime snacks” consisting of cereal bowls full of ice-cream with all the toppings right before bed. A lot more health conscious these days, I’ve found a few recipes like this one where you can still have the sweet treats without the gut ache and guilt.
This recipe is full of everything you desire; dense, fudgy, double chocolate, peppermint brownies.
And for a bonus, they are Vegetarian, Gluten Free, have zero added sugar, and they’re flourless.
You can also try your favorite egg substitute to make these Vegan (although I have not yet tested these variations myself).
Why would you add Peppermint Vitality essential oil to your brownies?
- For centuries, peppermint has been used to soothe digestive difficulties
- Peppermint vitality essential oil can help curb appetite
- Peppermint tastes incredibly refreshing alongside the double chocolate
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 6 oz. or 3/4 Cup of Lily’s Sweet baking chips (Vegan and stevia sweetened with no added sugar)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot powder*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-4 drops of Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- (optional) Chopped walnuts or pecans for topping
*Can sub arrowroot powder for cornstarch