Ready to get your chocolate sweet treat in this Valentine’s Day with zero guilt?!
I am ALL about treating yourself after growing up with a “candy drawer” (literally a drawer in the kitchen that was full of nothing but candy) and “bedtime snacks” consisting of cereal bowls full of ice-cream with all the toppings right before bed. A lot more health conscious these days, I’ve found a few recipes like this one where you can still have the sweet treats without the gut ache and guilt.
This recipe is full of everything you desire; dense, fudgy, double chocolate, peppermint brownies.
And for a bonus, they are Vegetarian, Gluten Free, have zero added sugar, and they’re flourless.
You can also try your favorite egg substitute to make these Vegan (although I have not yet tested these variations myself).
Why would you add Peppermint Vitality essential oil to your brownies?
- For centuries, peppermint has been used to soothe digestive difficulties
- Peppermint vitality essential oil can help curb appetite
- Peppermint tastes incredibly refreshing alongside the double chocolate
Continue reading “Double Chocolate Peppermint Flourless Brownie Recipe”
In the spirit of LOVE MONTH, here are some dirty little secrets hidden inside our conventional massage oils and lubricants. Plus a recipe to make your own toxic-free massage oil and lubricant, and which oils you will want to have on hand this Valentines Day.
COMMON INGREDIENTS TO AVOID:
- Glycerin: can actually cause dryness, is toxic to sperm, and it’s a sugar which can lead to yeast growth (not good).
- Chlorhexidine digluconate: is an antiseptic found in mouthwash which can kill the good bacteria your body naturally creates for its immunity.
- Methylparaben: is a preservative and a known endocrine disruptor. Simply put, parabens can mimic estrogen and disrupt the body’s hormone system.
So lets have some DIY fun and make our own simple and personalized massage oils that are better for our health while saving us money and awkward interactions at our local markets.
Stimulating and Warming Massage Oil Recipe:
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- Optional: 1 teaspoon – 1 Tablespoon of carrier oil with thinner viscosity for a thinner consistency and hotter more immediate topical effect*
- 6 drops of Cypress essential oil
- 8 drops of Orange essential oil
- 8 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 2-4 drops of Black Pepper essential oil
- 4 drops of Idaho Blue Spruce
- Get creative; add a little more of this and a little less of that. You’ll find what works best for you.**
- Mix your love potion.
- Use as needed to help stimulate blood flow, warm skin, brighten your mood, and help increase libido in both men and women.
*Carrier oils that are solid at room temperature like Coconut Oil will help oily effects last longer, but can be less instant and less hot. Adding carrier oils with thinner viscosity (fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, etc) can make the topical effects of the essential oils feel stronger and more immediate.
**Caution: They say that any type of oil can weaken strength of latex.
All About the Oils:
Why Idaho Blue Spruce?
This oil has a warming effect, and can be used to make intimacy last longer. Idaho Blue Spruce has been said to help “spruce” him up in a very good way by supporting male testosterone. This oil can be used aromatically, topically, and internally as it is designated as GRAS (generally regarded as safe for consumption by the FDA). It can also be worn as cologne as the evergreen aroma can help relax the mind and body.
Continue reading “DIY Warming Massage Oil and Lubricant Recipe”