This website is all about wellness. But how can we feel good if we don’t feel good about ourselves?
We try to balance a lot in our everyday lives; kids, family, multiple jobs, stress, fear, meal planning and preparing, cleaning and clutter, car repairs, debt, and so many other commitments.
Do we get overloaded? Absolutely!
Do we have the power to free ourselves! Most definitely.
It’s not necessary to bury ourselves under our own commitments. Try decluttering your life in a way that makes sense to you.
- Does this mean donating things you don’t use anymore?
- Getting rid of that blouse that’s missing a button and you’ve been saying your going to fix it for the last 4 years?
- Meditating to help with stress or fear?
- Asking for help once in a while?
- Freeing time to make time to pamper ourselves?
There is nothing wrong with taking time for yourself. If you think there is, stop thinking that. You cannot do your best at taking care of the rest of your world if you are not taken care of yourself and feeling great. And “pamper” does not need to mean planning a whole weekend at the spa. It can mean taking a bath, going to a yoga class, or going for a walk where you can unplug. For others it might mean going shopping, getting a pedicure, or just taking time to shave your legs.
Whatever it is to you, it is very important!
We don’t feel beautiful until we start taking care of ourselves and start feeling great physically and mentally.
There are these moods I get in, where the stress of debt or other big decisions is this massive weight that I’m busy figuring out how to lift and how long it will take with the right moves. But the more I focus on this the heavier it gets. It’s not freeing, and I can’t imagine feeling beautiful and free in these moments.
- Declutter your mind with these paralyzing thoughts. Declutter your home if that is what you need to do. Start with decluttering your car or purse if its full of stuff getting in your way of feeling free.
Then take a moment a love yourself. Tell yourself you are beautiful.
Like I said, this can be incredible hard to believe if your weighted down by your life’s clutter. Roll on a little lavender, take a big whiff, and slowly exhale. Feeling beautiful does not come from the outside, it comes from our core and inner beliefs. Feeling sexy comes from this same place, the silent inner confidence of actually knowing “I am beautiful”.
Think about it right now. Can you confidently know and come up with the answer for “I am beautiful because…”?
With our aging, wrinkles, changing silhouettes, and loss of focus on ourselves this is a struggle for most of us. But forget the flaws! This is not where beauty comes from, remember. It’s a feeling from our core.
The most beautiful and sexy thing, is when someone knows they are beautiful.
You are amazing! Tell us why, “I am beautiful because…”
- of the delicate way you walk or run up the stairs on your tippy toes?
- of your contagious laugh or ability to laugh at everything?
- of the way you love onto others?
- of the massive struggles you’ve overcome in your life like abusive relationships or challenging homes?
- of you’re always finding strengths in people and you love to tell them what it is?
- of how much you love adventure or traveling?
- of an incredible talent like playing an instrument, singing, drawing, or athletics?
- of you’re a great listener?
- of how you smile when your partner touches or kisses you?
- you have a voice that sounds like a song when you speak?
- of your honor, loyalty, and way of forgiving?
- of your quick wit or boldness?
What is it?!
Think about it and WRITE IT DOWN! Take a photo of it so you can take it with you everyday. Make it your background on your phone. And say it out-loud; say it everyday until you believe it deep in your core.
Start loving on yourself, so you can continue to love on others in incredible ways.
Simple Soothing Cream:
- Lavender essential oil
- Coconut oil
- Add 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil to a container (slightly melted or softened works best).
- Add 15-25 drops of therapeutic Lavender essential oil.
- (Optional) add a few drops of Frankincense essential oil for added anti-aging benefits.
- Mix well.
- Enjoy soothing skin cream without the toxic chemical consequences!
*When looking for results and therapeutic benefits, never use perfume grade oils. Caution, just because it says therapeutic, does not mean it is therapeutic grade. It only means they passed the FDA labeling requirement of having 5% pure oil in the bottle. You can learn more about the world leader’s process of distilling truly therapeutic grade oils at SeedtoSeal.com.
Soothing Cream Uses:
- Use as a moisturizing shaving cream and after shave
- Helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Supports aging skin
- Cleanses and promotes healing after too much fun in the sun
- Use as a makeup remover
- Unwind your evening by massaging into back, neck, or feet
Other Uses for Lavender:
- Cleanses and promotes healing in minor skin irritations and burns
- Add to soaps and shampoo to promote healthy hair, skin and scalp
- “In ancient Greece, Pedanius Dioscorides, a physician pharmacologist and botanist, praised the many qualities and uses of lavender.”
- Add 4 drops to a cup of epson salt for a relaxing bath that helps soften skin
- “Lavender is steam distilled from the owering tops of the plant, and it takes 27 square feet of lavender plants to make one 15-ml bottle of Lavender essential oil.”
- Diffuse or apply topically to promote calm feelings, fight nervous tension, and promote balanced emotions
- Not only does it make you smell and feel amazing, the aromatic properties are contagious for those close enough to smell you too
Ditch and Switch:
There are so many healthy benefits from making the switch and using the natural ingredients used in this simple recipe. You are going to save loads of money this way. And you won’t be exposing yourself, family, or furry friends to the toxic chemicals that are in your pricey, conventional personal care products.
I’m so glad I’m able to share my wellness journey with you, one recipe or testimonial at a time. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions, and how I can continue to help!
How to get started?
If you want to know how I got started using essential oils to increase my overall wellness or how you can improve your own wellness journey, start here.
Sending love and wishing you Happy and Healthy Trails!